Menu
Hoof_Hearted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I would like to disble the Passcode.

Our kids have left home. We are both in our late 50's. There's not a lot going on that can surprise or shock us (other than what is going on in the News maybe).

Is there a 'Preferences' setting somewhere that I can use to turn off having to keep inputting a code into Tivo just to see, say, Dad's Army? 

I have noticed that a number of the Channels edit out stuff like violence and sexy scenes anyway, despite being shown after 10 pm. ITV for instance always cuts to adverts when there is a scene of even the most mildy erotic nature on screen. So predictable is this that I always manage to skip the ads. before that even start showing.  Add to this that many old favourites have been hacked to pieces by various Channel's editors that one has question why it is necessary to have to input a 'numeric code' at all?

I would agree if you have children or grandchildren it's useful being able to, without having to think about it, prevent them inadvertantly seeing material that they would be better off not seeing.  But, in the meantime, would it be so terrible to let us older folk to enjoy our telly witohut constantly having to poke in a code?

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I would like to disble the Passcode.

I'm not in front of my TiVo but look at home-help-settings......it'll be there somewhere!

0 Kudos
coypu13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say there is no preference settings that can overide the dumb code, which even appears at random for totally innoculous shows broadcast before the watershed!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can turn off the pin for everything except movies and online programs

0 Kudos