Menu
Susanmp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I want to downsize my package

We want to reduce our outgoings and as we don't use all the channels have decided M package will suit our needs however we have been told we will have to change over to a TIVO, not happy about this as we would have to pay installation etc (or install ourselves) and TIVo appears to have many problems

Anyone know is this the only way to reduce my bill? Have I been given duff info?

All I want is a basic TV package, keep my V+ box ,  internet connection & landline , been with company since Tele West days so paying through the nose

Any help appreciated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I want to downsize my package

There is no reason you cant keep your V+ box. It will work perfectly well on TV M, which is free if you have a landline on your account. The only drawback if you are downgrading from XL is that there is a £5 a month charge to retain the recording features of the box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is no reason you cant keep your V+ box. It will work perfectly well on TV M, which is free if you have a landline on your account. The only drawback if you are downgrading from XL is that there is a £5 a month charge to retain the recording features of the box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susanmp,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

How are things looking today?  If you need any further assistance, give me a shout.  

We're here to help if you need us.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Susanmp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help.

Now have M TV and kept my V+ box, i will be paying a bit more than if I had chosen to have a TIVO but have reduced my monthly bill which is what I wanted.

Strange though that VM charge their customers more for V+ than they do for their TIVO with all its extras!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It could be because they want to discourage people from staying with V+ as it is old technology.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susanmp, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know how the call went for you. 

The V+ box isn't included in any of our bundles anymore where as the TiVo® is. You'll always get a better price when taking a bundle deal as it's where the bigger discounts can be found. 

When moving out of the bundles, in your case replacing the TiVo® for a V+, some discounts are lost. 

I'm glad you're happy overall though. 

If you need any support going forward, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos