Menu
Psuedonym
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need to replace my remote how do I do it?

My remote is not working properly and needs replacing.

Please don't advice 150 as I've just spent the last hour - literally, trying to get to a human being and am sick of the system.

The patronising voice really does need removing and an option to actually speak to someone (that would be a unique experience) needs reinstating.

Back to the subject: Can anyone help with a remote?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I need to replace my remote how do I do it?

Psuedonym wrote:

Please don't advice 150 as I've just spent the last hour - literally, trying to get to a human being and am sick of the system.

The patronising voice really does need removing and an option to actually speak to someone (that would be a unique experience) needs reinstating.

Thanks

The only alternative route is via the Contact Us page, but it has its own kind of pains too.

It can be found here: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ - use a desktop or laptop device to access the page and do so between 9AM to 5PM (M-Sa.) The option to go with is: TV -> Help with my remote control. Then click the 'Chat Online' button.

Now for the annoying bit: It may say all agents are busy, this is because it is usually in very high demand. So you either have to refresh the window and check again in intervals of 3-5 minutes. Or leave the page open, keeping an eye on it until a chat prompt is shown on screen. Example of the chat prompt:

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Psuedonym wrote:

Thanks

The only alternative route is via the Contact Us page, but it has its own kind of pains too.

It can be found here: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ - use a desktop or laptop device to access the page and do so between 9AM to 5PM (M-Sa.) The option to go with is: TV -> Help with my remote control. Then click the 'Chat Online' button.

Now for the annoying bit: It may say all agents are busy, this is because it is usually in very high demand. So you either have to refresh the window and check again in intervals of 3-5 minutes. Or leave the page open, keeping an eye on it until a chat prompt is shown on screen. Example of the chat prompt:

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Psuedonym
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke, I'll have to wait until Sat now as I'm working during those hours but thanks for you help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh no problem; glad to have been of assistance. Let us know when you've got a new remote Cat Happy

- - - - - -
0 Kudos