Menu
Vestua
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm started getting pixelation and sound problems

Hi

Ive been getting pixelation and sound problems on the HD movie channels recently. This has now started do happen more frequently and it's also happening on the non movie channels. 

Any help or suggestions to resolve this would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm started getting pixelation and sound problems

Hi Vestua, 

Thank you for coming in for the first time, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the pixelating on the TV services. I've been looking into the services and haven't been able to find anything amiss. 

Can you tell me if this is still happening?

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Vestua
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Many thanks for your response. Yes the pixelation and sound problems are still happening. When I was with Sky periodically I used to have this problem and they told me it was to do with adverse atmospheric conditions. I know this can't happen with cable. For the past 12 months that I have been with VM I really haven't seen this problem until recently. I have tried adjusting the digital noise reduction on the tv but this didn't stop the problem. 

Vestua 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vestua,

Thank you for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I will be happy to check this further.  I have taken a close look at this for you and whilst all signal levels are fine, there does appear to be an excessive amount of time-outs on the line which may be causing the disruption.  To clear this can you please power off/on the box to refresh and let me know when this has been done.  

Once the box has been refreshed if you can let me know that this has been done I will then re-check the box to see if the time-outs have cleared for you.

Keep me posted, I'm here to help Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Vestua
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

The box has been switched off and on again. 

Regards

vestua

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Vestua,

I have taken a look at your box again and the time-outs have cleared but a signal issue has appeared.  

It will be best if we arrange for an engineer to call round and check this out for oyu if that's ok?

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out