Menu
MDT1959
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have read posts from 2015 about stuttering on iPlayer and On Demand its still happening WHY

Why is it that you still haven't resolved issues about iPlayer and On Demand stuttering or freezing completely. it is making a service that we pay a lot of money to have unusable.

I have tried the obligatory turn off re-boot but it still is the same, are you try to provide more than you are capable of, It seems that if so you could be accused of failing to provide a service that you advertise and this is most likely a breach of contract on your behalf.

I have been a long term customer from when I joined NTL, I hope that you will find a way to improve this soon. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have read posts from 2015 about stuttering on iPlayer and On Demand its still happening WHY

MDT1959 wrote:

Why is it that you still haven't resolved issues about iPlayer and On Demand stuttering or freezing completely. it is making a service that we pay a lot of money to have unusable.

I have tried the obligatory turn off re-boot but it still is the same, are you try to provide more than you are capable of, It seems that if so you could be accused of failing to provide a service that you advertise and this is most likely a breach of contract on your behalf.

I have been a long term customer from when I joined NTL, I hope that you will find a way to improve this soon. 

That presumes that the issues from 2015, and I know what they were as they were much discussed at the time, are the same issues that you are suffering just now. The symptoms may be the same but the cause may not be.

Have you contacted VM about your problems? Have you checked your service status to see if there are any local issues (see the top of the forum)?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
MDT1959
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have read posts from 2015 about stuttering on iPlayer and On Demand its still happening WHY

I have actual spoken to VM on this several times (yes also in 2015) and I will admit it may be a different fault this time but it does happen quite often

I will be contacting them again but the hours I and my partner work do not make this easy. I hoped this forum might have been able to say if it was a continuation or not.

I will say that the post was quite Saccharine compared to what I feel about the service recently, The problem is I also know other providers are not any better.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The major issues from back in 2015 seem to be addressed although that doesn't mean that some customers don't have problems currently.

These may be due to local signal issues, over-utilisation, etc. but until you check with VM it is impossible to say what your problem is.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
MDT1959
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had a full system check and it is currently working, which is good, It is a shame that re-boots do seem to be needed on quite a regular basis just to keep the service working.
0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer on my box is virtually unusable.

Takes ages to actually load up.
Play a programme and it stutters for a minute or so.
Frequent Programme Not Available messages, despite the fact that I know it's there if I use a PC.
Does not respond to remote commands or takes ages to respond.
Starts buffering part-way through a programme.
Buffers like crazy if you have the temerity to pause and then attempt to play.

To be honest, I've more or less given up with it and just use my Smart TV app or Fire TV app. It seems Virgin are not capable of fixing it.

0 Kudos
MDT1959
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it is worth checking the service status a the top of this - after running this it did seem to improve

0 Kudos