Menu
ymaisuria
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have moved house, virgin want to dig up my expensive drive to get services into my new house?

I have recently moved from a rented place into my new house with my family, a virgin representative came out to plan where and how to connect me up, I have had an engineer come out today and told me that my expensive new drive will have to come up to get the services in. Is there any other way or do I have leave virgin? and they will lose a customer which they seem all to happy to lose!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have moved house, virgin want to dig up my expensive drive to get services into my new house?

What do you propose they do?

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have moved house, virgin want to dig up my expensive drive to get services into my new house?

Is there a hedge or fence?

As a guess you could ask if they can leave the cables above ground and run them by or under the fence or hedge so they are less visible and a little more secure.  It would not be as secure though as being buried. 

You probably have to discuss with them in some detail though.

0 Kudos
ymaisuria
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your response, no hedge or fence its an open driveway facing the payment. myself and my neighbour have an open drive across our properties!
0 Kudos
ymaisuria
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

try find me an alternative route??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

By the sound of it there is no alternative route, the cables are at the front of the house and with no other way across the drive without digging it up

0 Kudos
martinpeter111
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

it's too late in your case by the sound of it - but I got my builders to install a pipe from next to the where the virgin cable came from the street into my cellar - and they connected to it no problem. (they were also happy to connect to the hi-grade co-ax i'd installed from the cellar to the other rooms 

0 Kudos
vfr
Up to speed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What is the drive constructed from, is it block-paved or concrete? If block-paved are they not proposing to re-instate it after the cable goes through?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM wont touch block paving. Usually the customer would have to get it lifted & then reinstated after.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile