Menu
Guylockwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been told the Netflix/tivo issue is a national problem

We have constantly had an issue with Netflix stalling on Tivo since Feb 2015. We cannot watch anything with out it trying to refresh and stalling at 25%. 

we we live in the East dulwich area of London, and Virgin media is getting a slating on the local forum for truly awful service, in both tv, and very slow broadband. We do not get anywhere near the 100Mb that we are paying for.

Can someone at Virgin stand up and be honest and let us know what the problem is and when it is going to be resolved, not an estimate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have been told the Netflix/tivo issue is a national problem

Hi Guylockwood,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear your first post relates to a known fault with Netflix. Rest assured the software team are working with all concerned parties to get this back up and running for you. The next review date has been set to 30th November 2015.

Regarding your speed, if you put another post here explaining what the problem is then a broadband expert will come along to help you out.

I apologise once for the inconvenience caused. Feel free to bump this thread after the review date for more information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Guylockwood
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I find it alarming that there is no confirmed date for a fix to this issue.  Also why has there not been a national mail out to all tivo users stating that there is a national problem.  I assume that we will all be receiving a refund for our netfix subscription.

As far as the broadband issue. I never get anywhere near the 100Mb I'm paying for, in fact it is regularly around 7 to 10, and regularly drops out. This is obviously a problem in my area as many users have complained on the local forum in East Dulwich.

i have to say all these problems are pushing me to cancel my account and move to a more reliable service 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not a national issue as it works fine on my TiVo, but the issue you have described occurs on other devices such as the play station  so it is an issue with Netflix rather than Virgin 

0 Kudos
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you're getting a substandard service call customer services to get credit on your account until the issue is resolved
0 Kudos