Menu
Jan-the-nan
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have bad i-player reception all other catch-up channels run fine

Does anyone have any ideas as to why when i go onto bbc i-player I always get buffering, yet on all the other channels this works fine. This is really annoying as I don't always remember to record the programmes  I wanted to watch?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have bad i-player reception all other catch-up channels run fine

Hello Jan-the-nan. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the iPlayer app, I have taken a look at things and can see that the part of the network that you are connected to is suffering from an issue known as Utilisation - which may mean that during busy times you will get some buffering on this app. Our Networks team are aware of this and are working to fix it, though it will take a little time as further upgrade work is needed. The reference for this fault is F003475475

Whilst checking the account, I can also see that there is an issue with the power levels to your TiVo®, this will certainly not help the issue that you are seeing, so I would like to book a technician to call out and investigate this for you. I will send you a private message so that we can start the ball rolling. 

I do totally understand how easy it is to forget to set a recording, and would like to let you know about our TV Anywhere App for smart phones and some tablets. This will allow you to set recordings on your TiVo® whilst you are out and about. Why not check out http://virg.in/tvagrips

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jojodj
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I also have been having this problem! Have tried rebooting but to no avail and also tonight with the red button, same thing! Just constant buffering and then it froze. Really annoying and therefore unwatchable.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jojodj,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with the BBC iPlayer buffering all the time.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment.

I'll send you a private message to give you further details on these tests. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jojodj
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Why is HOME not being shown on Virgin but is available on sky? I have the whole package but can't buy this movie!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there jojodj, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been unable to purchase "Home", all on demand movies are subject to licensing agreements, so this could explain why we are currently unable to offer this movie. 

I have sent an email asking if there are any agreements to bring this movie for our customers, and as soon as I hear any further news I will let you know. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

isn't Home currently appearing in the, funnily enough, TiVo Home page?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did just check the TiVo® here and went straight into movies took a look - I must have accidently skipped past it, 

Guess I missed the big advert at the bottom of the home page. 

Apologies and thank you sjp123 for letting me know Smiley Wink 

Huw

0 Kudos
Dominic45
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Been trying to watch a 1 hour programme on iPlayer on my TiVo box for about 2 hours now...still not done.

I'm SUPPOSED to have the best broadband available from Virgin, so why is the buffering so terrible? I've even turned it on to the lowest video quality, and still it buffers.

Everything else on Virgin is great, but this is so infuriating. Why can't the programmes be downloaded like with Sky? Why does it have to be run via an iPlayer app?

I'd like for it to be rectified or for my broadband service to be up to the speed it claims to be considering the amount I'm paying for it.
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

your BroadBand connection runs over the VM docsis3 network, the TiVo runs over docsis1 using its own internal modem.

Sky have to download as they cannot be sure that the BB connection in use will handle streaming, there's many a 2meg Sky BB provision that will never be able to stream, thus the downloading.

i'd suggest calling in and having your levels checked, could be you're on a slow segment of the network which will need fixing though it could just be your own cabling back to the street cab you're connected to.

0 Kudos