Menu
Timbo2505
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I have a Tivo box and am experiencing more and more digital picture break

I have a Tivo box and am experiencing more and more digital picture break.  i have had this problem since changing to digital for a number of years and had engineers out several times.  I upgraded to Tivo same problem, engineers replaced the box as they said it was getting hot, again same problem. Nobody seems to be able to solve it.  I have an older television with a back on so use a scart which I have upgraded to HQ cable with gold contacts same problem.  I have even attached a flat screen LED TV via Hdmi just to see if its the old set, same problem.  It seems to happen more on non mainstream channels BBC4, Alibi, TCM and ITV4.  I am posting this morning as I watch Murdoch mysteries and its pixilating as we speak affecting picture and sound.

Now I had no TV and Broadband in our area last week as Virgin upgraded I hoped it would improve but obviously not.

I am getting very frustrated any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a Tivo box and am experiencing more and more digital picture break

Sounds like you need to give up if the engineers have not been able to fix problems and you have had several boxes!!

When I had problems the engineers replaced all the cables as they were old so may be you should ask for that .

I would also consider getting in touch with the people that deal with complaints as they bring a better perspective to things.  I found their response quite good.

See

http://www.contactvirginmedia.com/virgin-media-complaints/

Other than that I have no technical insight I am afraid.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a Tivo box and am experiencing more and more digital picture break

Hi Timbo2505

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm so sorry to read about the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I'd like to take a good look at this from our end for you, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we'll talk soon!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos