Menu
WavyDavy
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can't record two series links for same event on different channels

Before the upgrade I could program my tivo to record F1 on both Ch 4 and sky F1 at the same time with 2 series links. Now I can't seem to do this.

I have tried setting record all, but this doesn't work. Is there a way to have 2 series links with different channels?

0 Kudos
jamllew
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't record two series links for same event on different channels

I am having a similar problem with recording Live NBA Basketball which is not always on the same BT Sport channel.  Previously, I could have series links for NBA on BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN but now the series link + only seems to allow me to have a series link for one channel only and not for multiple channels.  Is there a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't record same program on different channels

Hi WavyDavy,

Many thanks for your post, welcome back Smiley Happy

The new updated TiVo series link can pull all the showings from the single channel and also anything that would be On Demand. This is only available from the channel your selecting, however this may be possible with the manual recordings. 

Have you been able to try that?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+ should allow you to set the channel to "All" instead of a specific channel, so you don't have quite the same level of control of being able to choose multiple channels to record from, but it should fix issue of recording from multiple channels, you might just also get recordings from other channels that you didn't want to record from (i.e. I seem to remember that F1 on "All" channels would record stuff from Sky Sports News)

0 Kudos
WavyDavy
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This works, but yes get other channels as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello WavyDavy,

I hope you were able to get this working but I have added a handy link here to explain a bit more about how the Series Link+ works.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello WavyDavy,

I hope you were able to get this working but I have added a handy link here to explain a bit more about how the Series Link+ works.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards 

It is not possible to get this to work. Paying customers are being forced into workarounds and hacks but people want to be able to choose which channels to record from and not be forced into using "All channels", for all the reasons previously given. This ability was taken away in the last update. To make things worse when you try to create the 2nd series link, the 1st one is removed without any warning/notification to the user which is very sloppy programming indeed! All of this has been explained in numerous threads now. Perhaps you can escalate this to people who can do something about it or if this forum is not the place to get things done, explain how else to go about it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
WavyDavy
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree entirely. I was happy with the way recordings worked before the update, now I get all sorts of recordings I dont want and it is slow as well.

Bring back the old way of programming series links.

0 Kudos