Menu
Rwe
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't get a TV picture on tivo

Hi,
The problem with my tivo box is that when I switch to any channel there is no picture or sound. I am still able to see and navigate the menus but I have no picture at all. The box is correctly connected to the network. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't get a TV picture on tivo

Have you tuned into the correct Input  source from the TV to the TiVo? Mine comes thru AV4 but never when I turn the telly in does it start there! Always starts at av3 and I have to change it

also are you connected thru HDMI? Sometimes that causes a problem. I had to change mine from an expensive one to a dirt cheap one before it worked. 

0 Kudos
Rwe
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I've tried all of that. In the end I've had to use a scart lead to get a picture
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rwe

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service lately and I'd like to see how I can help get this fixed.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests, we're not detecting any issues with the TiVo service from our end at the moment. If you've got more than one TiVo box, are you experiencing this issue on just the one? Or all of them?

Apart from that, making sure you're on the correct TV source is important, as Parrotperson as mentioned. If you think this might be the case, let us know the make of your TV and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction Man Happy

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rwe
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, thanks for replying. I have concluded that there must be a problem with the hdmi cable/ port as I can get a picture with a scart lead and this problem is not on any other tivos
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me Rwe, I'm glad to hear that you're able to watch TV until we get the HD issues resolved!

Do you have another HDMI cable to test at all? If it's an issue with the TiVo HDMI output then we'll arrange to get that looked at right away.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos