Menu
jfaxel
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am wanting to connect my TIVO box wirelessly and need help

I am wanting to connect my TIVO box wirelessly and need help. I need to move my tv in the room and it can't connect to to my main cable coming in to my tivo box. How can I connect this wirelessly?

Many thanks, 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am wanting to connect my TIVO box wirelessly and need help

you cant.

Tivo requires a dedicated cable

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVO's cannot connect wirelessly to a TV, nor can any of Virgins competitors TV boxes. The only other option is HD video senders which cost several hundred pounds.

The TiVO also recieves channels in linear broadcast format, not over the internet, so just as you cant have a wireless connection between a rooftop TV aerial & a TV set, you cant have one between Virgins network & the TiVO

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

there are other ways to get tv channels wirelessly - you need an internet based streaming solution like NowTV - google the pros & cons if interested

or for £99 virgin will re-cable the Tivo from their outside of your house connection point to where you now want to place it

the 3rd way is you leave the tivo where it is now and buy a long HDMi cable to go from there to the new TV location. 5 metres of HDMi cable is cheap & easy to conceal. but you then have to aim the tivo remote at the tivo location, not at the new TV location

0 Kudos