Menu
castingflame
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am so sick of my TIVO box being so slow. Please FIX IT!

Since the 'update' to move from Flash to HTML/WebGL a few months back my TIVO has been a complete dog. My In-Laws have exactly the same issue.

We have both called out engineers who replaced our TIVOs with brand new units. When I go from watching a TV station to the HOME menu it takes approximately 12 seconds before the box is ready. The same thing If I go into My Shows. Most times leaving the menu to watch TV takes the same amount of time.

Additionally, I also have the intermittent issue with channel4 and get screen corruption. My Broadband speed is Never up to 200 and at best at 90.

I pay around £140 per month for my Virgin services and I am loosing patience to get this TIVO 'issue' fixed. 

TIVO Details

Platform:  SMT-C7101
Hardware Version:  4.0
Software Version:  20.5.7.RC20-VMS-2-C8A

Please Advise.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am so sick of my TIVO box being so slow. Please FIX IT!

Have you checked to see if your equipment can handle 200meg, sounds like your own hardware isnt up to the job

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there castingflame,

I am really sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds with both TiVo® and Broadband.

We are aware that some of our customers with the new TiVo® firmware are seeing their boxes running slowly.

We have been advising these customers to complete the following steps: -

Help and Settings > Clear or reset TiVo box > Clear thumb ratings and suggestions > enter pin > press thumbs down 3 times and then LastCh.

In regards to your Broadband, I can't seem to find your account details for me to investigate this further for you. 

If you are using WiFi and experiencing slow speeds, [changing your channels] may improve this.

It's also worth [running a speed test] via Ethernet from your device directly to our equipment. If you receive abnormally slow speeds with this, we would then definitely need to have a closer look.

Hope this information helps and feel free to give us another post if you need any further assistance.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
DJM_nx01
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

W.r.t. The TiVo box speed, this reply is so unhelpful it's insulting. This is one of many posts complaining about this issue and the "reset" tip makes no difference. Virgin at least acknowledge these issues are real and provide some real feedback/help to your customers .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJM_nx01,

Thanks for your feedback and apologies you've not found the post from Nat_J helpful. 

As well as that tip you can also try the following: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up. 

Any advice we offer to our users here is done off the back of us checking the TiVo® stats. Sometimes you will see us offer general information on how to improve things and other times you will see us booking an engineer or offering different advice. 

Currently we're looking at things and raising anything we need to. 

If you have any further issues, let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi DJM_nx01,

Thanks for your feedback and apologies you've not found the post from Nat_J helpful. 

As well as that tip you can also try the following: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up. 

Any advice we offer to our users here is done off the back of us checking the TiVo® stats. Sometimes you will see us offer general information on how to improve things and other times you will see us booking an engineer or offering different advice. 

Currently we're looking at things and raising anything we need to. 

If you have any further issues, let us know.

Thanks,

What does that actually mean? It is unfortunately typical of the meaningless responses made by the Forum team. How about some specifics just for a change. The "Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play" is a short term workaround at best and needs to be repeated to have any affect.

And telling people to delete their recordings makes a nonsense of paying for a recording box.

VM making the effort to resolve the software issues that is causing the problems in the first place would be a step forward so can you give us some specifics of how you intend to permanently resolve these problems? 

Either your testing programmes are seriously flawed or VM just ignored reports that they didn't want to hear.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!