Menu
THaigh5
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am having problems with netflix dropping connection mid film

Hi

I seem to be experiencing issues with netflix via my tivo box. The film loads but then drops out part way through. I am often then getting a message that I am not connected to the internet. I can reload but it happens again. Is this a fault with my tivo box? had it about a year at it has been flakey. I occasionally have similar issues with BBC iplayer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am having problems with netflix dropping connection mid film

Hi Thaigh5,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these disruptions with Netflix and BBC iPlayer.

I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.  I have carried out some checks and have found a fault with the signal which and engineer will need to fix.

I will arrange for an appointment to get this sorted.  I will send the details in a private message.  (Look out for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
aniaosb
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I am experiencing the same issues as Thaigh5, and was hoping that you could help.
0 Kudos
Brassedoff2
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I am also experiencing the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi aniaosb,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting in the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your Netlix via the TiVo® box. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and ran testing to you TiVo®. The results of those tests shows that the signal and levels to your TiVo® are all correct, which is good news, but it doesn't explain why your Netflix drops out part of the way through viewing. 

What I suggest is the next time this happens, can you please call in on 150 from your Virgin Media landline, and take the option to report a fault, which is option 2, then option 2 again to report a problem with your TV service. That way our Faults Team can rerun the tests to your TiVo® while the fault is happening. If you post the update back to us, chances are by the time we are able to pick your post up, the issue may have cleared, so we wouldn't see a difference on the test results. That way we can look into what's causing your issue.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brassedoff2,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your post. I am sorry that you are having problems viewing Netflix on your TiVo® box as well.

I have been able to run tests to your TiVo® box and everything checks out great with the signal and power input levels. There are no errors and I'm not able to see what's causing the problem with your TiVo® box. I have also verified that there are no other known outages in your area.

I'm going to have to ask that you, also, monitor this and contact our Faults Team on 150 from a Virgin Media landline, taking option 2, then option 2 again to report a TV service fault. That way our Team can run the tests while the fault is happening. 

Please keep us updates on how this goes for you.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dp391
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue!!! I normally watch Netflix at night, and assumed that it was because of so many people in my house on the internet, but today no-one else is here and it's doing it again! Usually, it's 3 or 4 minutes - I've managed to watch 10 minutes today before it drops out, BUT then it just continually gets stuck at 25% loaded.

BBC iPlayer has ALWAYS been an issue for me on and off... can currently only watch non-HD, otherwise it buffers pretty much every 2-3 seconds!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi dp391,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I can understand how frustrating that must be to have Netflix cut out just as you'r getting into the programme you're watching.  I will be happy to help find out what's happening for you.

TiVo® has it's own dedicated modem so when it comes to Apps using the connection, it is separate from your Broadband service.  So you don't have to worry about the connection when others are using the Broadband service Smiley Happy

Currently there is a fault that our teams are aware of relating to Netflix and we are currently working on it to resolve as soon as we can.  

In relation to BBC iPlayer I have carried out further checks on this and signal/power levels are looking great, which is good news.  Do you find his will happen at specific times of the day or will it be random?  

I can see in the past there has been some high demand on the network you're connected to which will explain previous disruptions, looking at the network at the present there is no high demand at all.

If you can let me know if the issue happens at various times of the day, that would be awesome.   I'm here to help if you need me. 

Keep me posted.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dp391
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There is no correlation at all for when I can't access iPlayer. I posted in another thread about this, and my on demand is *currently* okay.... But any word on Netflix yet? I might have only posted about it last week, but its been dropping out for over a month now!!
0 Kudos
aniaosb
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Forum Team,

Is there any update on the fault? We have not been able to watch more than 15 minutes of Netflix at the time since beginning of June. I have also spoken to Netflix today and they seem oblivious of any issues. It feels very much like a blaming game, shame on you Virgin!

AniaOsb Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos