Menu
Jcoxon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am having problems starting up, no tv guide and error C501

We have only had virgin for a few weeks and we are now experiencing problems every time we start up even though on standby. When we can eventually restart it takes ages then it usually has no tv guide. We have tried complete restart, connecting etc but the problem still happens. Then major lights flash and error message comes up C501(I think it says) then turns to black. I have resorted to mainly watching the old sky freeview box. Feeling cheated that I am paying for virgin package and not getting to view it at all, waste of money comes to mind. I have tried TV testing but that is inconclusive - I just want to turn the telly on and not become technology expert every evening just to view a screen.

Any help would be appreciated - without having to ring a premium number would be good. Thanks J

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am having problems starting up, no tv guide and error C501

If you have a virgin landline phone 150. 

Yiur box box is probably dead so you'll need an engineer. You can wait on here for a mod to come along and help but it could take sometime before they see your post. 

0 Kudos
Jcoxon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks parrot person I was thinking it is terminal it could be user error of course. I will try 150 thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jcoxon,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your television service. 

Just to let you know, for future reference, you can call us on our Freephone number, 150 from any Virgin Media landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other landline or mobile.

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment and can see a problem that we will need to investigate.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Judith,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm so glad to hear that the engineer was able to get this issue resolved for you.

It's great that you are considering recommending a friend to Virgin Media!! I just wanted to let you know that we have a Refer A Friend promotion on, in which you will receive a £50 credit on your account once your friend's services have been installed. Your friend will also receive a £50 credit off their first bill.

There are several ways to Refer A Friend:

1. You can go to http://connectfriends.virginmedia.com/, enter your account number and name, and then fill in your friend's details.
  2. Alternatively, you can refer your friend by signing into their My Virgin Media account, selecting connect your friends, then filling in your friend's details. 
  3. Another option you have to refer a friend is to text 'Connect a friend' to the dedicated number 80011, being sure to text your account number, your name and also your friends name, address, and a suitable contact number. 

Please feel free to get back in touch with me if you have any further queries.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos