Menu
Madtivo
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am frustrated with Tivo

I am new to TiVo having upgraded from V+ HD.  I am becoming frustrated with the disadvantages of the  TiVo box in that I can no longer:

Channel toggle between two channels with one button

set reminder and auto change channel with one button

see all my favourites using one button

These are some examples.  Does anyone experience these irritations?

However, TV Anywhere is good!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I am frustrated with Tivo

Bottom right on my remote

All Replies
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

dartguru wrote:

You can also pause both channels when you toggle between them if you want

0 Kudos
anthony4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

agree with you-it seems over complicated particularly for us avid "channel hoppers" and confuses viewers with "overlap times" which imply it is recording more progs than it actually is.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

anthony4 wrote:

agree with you-it seems over complicated particularly for us avid "channel hoppers" and confuses viewers with "overlap times" which imply it is recording more progs than it actually is.

overlap times was an asked for feature

0 Kudos
anthony4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

have noticed on "help" that I can "clip" to reduce overlap-will give this a try.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madtivo,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forum and thanks for your post.I'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the TiVo®. I'll do my best to address your complaints about your new TiVo®, although there are some features that differ greatly when comparing the TiVo® and the V+ box.

CHANNEL TOGGLE:

The advice you've been given is correct--there is a way to toggle between channels using the LAST CH button, which is found at the bottom right of the TiVo remote.

SETTING REMINDERS:

You can set reminders on the TiVo®. You will receive a popup reminder, but the TiVo® will also record this programme, to save for you, in case you aren't able to watch it at the live broadcast time. There is no way to just set a reminder--this is a reminder and record feature. Click this link to our Help pages, which will give you instructions on how to set reminders.

FAVOURITES:

You can set the TiVo® EPG to show only your Favourites. First, set your Favourite channels then you can use the blue button on your TiVo® remote to access these. Please view this link for the instructions for this.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can help further.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi anthony4,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Apologies for any confusion you may have experienced using the TiVo®.

I'm glad to see that you have found our Help pages and the instructions on how to clip your recordings to reduce overlap. Dannylau is correct, this was a requested feature, and customers who record live sporting events tend to find this feature helpful.

If you need further help with this, or have any other questions, please let me know.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos