Menu
triplet_no_3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to type in PIN number to TiVo box without remote control

Hi,

Unfortunately we got our house broken into and our tv and all our remote controls stolen but they left the virgin box. We've been able to borrow a tv from a friend so we want to watch the tv and TiVo but can't type in the PIN number on the box??

We don't have an Ethernet cable either as they got stolen to connect our phone through the app. Anyone help?

Thanks
0 Kudos
connbob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to type in PIN number to TiVo box without remote control

Hi triplet,
Sorry to hear you were broken in to.
The best thing you could do is request a new remote, which would probably come in a few days. If you can connect via wireless, you could use the TV anywhere app.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I hope the suggestions can help you.
------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Might be a bit late now, but if you have a USB keyboard from a computer (wired or wireless), you could plug that into the USB socket on the back of the TiVo, which should let you type the PIN. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello triplet_no_3,

Sorry to hear this news also, unfortunately you won't be able to input the pin without the remote but you can request for another remote by giving us a ring on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and one of the team will be able to get one sent out to you.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos