Menu
Fredpipes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to stop tivo changing channels overnight?

I usually leave it on BBC 1 last thing then turn off tv, so i can rewind an hour in the morning. I don't touch the tivo. Nothing is set to record. But in the morning the channel has changed to obscure ones i've never heard of! What can i do apart from record BBC breakfast every morning in case there's an interesting item on?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to stop tivo changing channels overnight?

have you tried turning off the power saving
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think it must be because it's recording suggestions, if you change the settings so that it doesn't record suggestions that should fix it.

Personally I would like a setting that says I'm happy for it to record suggestions as long as it leaves one tuner free.

Fredpipes
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers, will give it a try... I've had the tivo ages and its only recently its started doing this!
0 Kudos
Fredpipes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will give it a try

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If I understand you correctly you want to have the BBC Breakfast show available every morning. That is simple to achieve; this what I do to ensure that I can watch the Channel 4 news every day.

Set up a series link for the BBC Breakfast show and set "Keep at most" to only one episode. This will ensure that a tuner is always available for that programme and no housekeeping is required.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Fredpipes wrote:
Cheers, will give it a try... I've had the tivo ages and its only recently its started doing this!

To be fair suggestions has been pretty much broken until the past couple of months and since then if yours is anything like mine it has gone suggestion crazy which I see as a positive but I can see in your case it's not helpful.

I agree I think suggestions is the thing that has started causing this issue for you.

Fredpipes
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a plan... Thanks.. Since turning off Suggestions it has stoped changing channels, but this will make all 3 hours of BBC breakfast available!
0 Kudos
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:

Fredpipes wrote:

To be fair suggestions has been pretty much broken until the past couple of months and since then if yours is anything like mine it has gone suggestion crazy which I see as a positive but I can see in your case it's not helpful.

I agree I think suggestions is the thing that has started causing this issue for you.

That sounds like my experience, recently it's not unusual (or at least it wasn't unusual until I turned suggestions off) for me to get the popup saying it was going to change the channel because it was using all the tuners, even at times when it wasn't recording anything I'd asked it to! That never used to happen.

0 Kudos