Menu
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How to find what the TiVo box has decided to record, without scrolling through all channels.

Is there any other way of finding out what the TiVo box has decided to record, without scrolling through all channels, as it's going mad recording channels that I never even watch?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to find what the TiVo box has decided to record, without scrolling through all channels.

Press Home on your remote then My Shows & Recordings > My Planned Recordings

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to find what the TiVo box has decided to record, without scrolling through all channels.

Thanks for that Ben, I've tried that, but it doesn't show on there, as it's not a "record request" from me, it's programs that the TiVo box has decided to record for me?

I have "no favourite" channels selected, but the box seems to select obscure channels that I've never watched, to record, so I have to scroll through Every Channel until I find the one it has selected?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can turn suggestions off if you ant this to stop, if you want to see what it's recording  press info an scroll down  to the R symbol and it will tell you what the other two tuners are doing

0 Kudos
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would really like to stop it happening altogether, but I will try what you said in the mean time, the next time it does it, thanks again.

Is it easy to stop it from doing this, as it's doing it all the time, and sometimes when I get home it's recording Three Channels of rubbish,

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gadgie wrote:

I would really like to stop it happening altogether, but I will try what you said in the mean time, the next time it does it, thanks again.

Is it easy to stop it from doing this, as it's doing it all the time, and sometimes when I get home it's recording Three Channels of rubbish,

But they aren't taking up any actual space or stopping your own recordings.

a pointer for what it might record as suggestions are in Browse TV, Suggestions.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

deleted as duplicate information
0 Kudos
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Quote........"But they aren't taking up any actual space or stopping your own recordings."

Thing is, they are taking up space, as by the time I get home it's been recording stuff for around 4/6 hours while I was out?

I thought it would stop when I "deselected" my favourite channels, but it never made any difference?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Gadgie wrote:

Quote........"But they aren't taking up any actual space or stopping your own recordings."

Thing is, they are taking up space, as by the time I get home it's been recording stuff for around 4/6 hours while I was out?

I thought it would stop when I "deselected" my favourite channels, but it never made any difference?

TiVo doesn't count suggestions as using space, and will delete them as required for any chosen recordings.

Favourite channels aren't connected to Suggestions. They are based from your Thumb ratings and planned recording history.

0 Kudos
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah! With you now, thanks for that, I've found out a lot on here tonight, and now I know what to do, thanks for your help every body, much appreciated.

0 Kudos