Menu
BTatHome
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How to change from HD to SD channel in series link

ive downgraded my TV service, and now have the problem of all my series links being setup for HD channels. How do I change the channel to the SD version? Can't seem to access the channel option. Do I really have to delete the series link and recreate each one?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to change from HD to SD channel in series link

Unfortunately I think you (I can't see a way of doing it) do although hopefully someone will come along who's knows better.  

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I'm afraid you will have to delete the series links and add them again, for some reason the channel of a series link cannot be changed after it is created.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is another reason why wishlists are a better option - they would switch to SD if to drop the HD channel

They would also move back to HD if you re-added it

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can actually do it without a Wishlist or cancelling the existing link. You need to go into Explore This Show > Get this show > Series Link options > Get another Series Link.

This will then show any other channels the show is on. You can then pick an SD channel. Once it has been added, you can then select the Series Link on the HD channel and cancel it if you want to, however the HD link won't work whilst you aren't subscribed as far as I'm aware.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes - but you've now got two series links - a single wishlist from the start can be forgotten about.

It will even following programmes on to different channels - like the EastEnders Omnibus moving from BBC3 to W.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
BTatHome
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys, shame the iOS app doesn't let me do much in respect to these solutions.

plus I'd made most of the changes longhand by now, but interesting nevertheless to remember these options.

0 Kudos
BTatHome
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick update ....

Adding another series link has not worked for some series, as the series link creation only works based on episodes that are currently in the guide. So in one instance I have previously recorded on sky1hd, this is now being rerun on sky2 ... well I know this will run the new shows on sky1, but the series link creation won't let me choose sky1 !

wishlist seems to be the answer !!

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Indeed - I've done this many a time, set a new series link and then put that one one above the old, in the priority list so then everything in the "old" link gets dropped as duplicate

Alternatively you can use a wishlist, a tad more manual work in setup but then automated and cross-channels.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

0 Kudos