Menu
Arap
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to Change default Series Link Setting

Hi

Is it possible to change the Series Link setting for recording so that only "new episodes" are recorded and will keep recorded items "Unitl I Delete"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to Change default Series Link Setting

From the VM online help pages:

Default Recording Options

While you can change the recording options for each Series Link that you set up, you can also apply the same settings for ALL Series Links.

To do this, go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Default Recording Options.
This is where you can set new values for default recording options. The new defaults will be applied to all recordings going forward but not recordings planned before you made the change.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Arap
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many  thanks SCA1972

I have now changed my details to record new episodes only, but I haven't been able to change the keep recording to "Until I delete" do you know if it is possible to change that as a default setting?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Arap wrote:

Many  thanks SCA1972

I have now changed my details to record new episodes only, but I haven't been able to change the keep recording to "Until I delete" do you know if it is possible to change that as a default setting?

As far as I know that is not possible.  I have also seen posts on this forum saying that setting all series links to "Until I delete" is not a good idea and can result in the Tivo deleting programmes unexpectedly.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos