Menu
kw7157
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How many TiVo boxes is it possible to have installed on one account?

How many TiVo boxes is it possible to have installed on one account?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How many TiVo boxes is it possible to have installed on one account?

Yes Virgin Media WILL NOT connect any equipment not directly supplied from them. TiVo boxes are locked to an area and account and also as stated belong to Virgin Media so the person selling it on eBay should not have sold it to you.

Ask for a refund and return the box. If the seller does not play ball then open a case with eBay or Paypal. you will win it as the item is not sold as described as it was never going to work anywhere else apart from the original location it was installed at.

I am not too sure of the prices for a 3rd box I think £49 install for a 500Gb plus £5 or £6 TiVo fee. You might also be able to strike a deal with retentions and get it cheaper. Always worth a try.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

kw7157 wrote:

BenMcr - Thanks for the reply. Interesting that you state that the additional monthly charge is £6.50 when only today I have been quoted £11.50 per month plus, £14.99 for the postage packing for the equipment plus £49.99 activation, plus £40 for the engineer visit.

So the £11.50 was the charge earlier this year for additional TiVo boxes. It is now £6.50.

In regards to the other charges as I said you would only be charged £49.99 if you wanted the 1TB box, and you are only charged £40 for an engineer visit if it's something that you choose i.e. if it's possible to do via Self Install but decide not to

Additional boxes are currently required to be installed by an engineer so the £40 fee isn't charged as you don't have a choice.

kw7157 wrote:

Given that all the kit always belongs to Virgin, then why is it that ebay has so much Virgin kit for sale, some of which is definitely available from sellers who are actually Virgin installation staff? I know of 2 personally in other areas of the UK. Why does Virgin allow this to persist?

No Virgin staff should be selling boxes via third party sites, and if do they risk being sacked. Virgin Media notify eBay and other places that sell their kit when they shouldn't and listings are removed.

However eBay won't put a blanket ban of the listing of the kit for some reason, and as Virgin Media don't own eBay or other listing sites, there is only so much that they can do.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr Will know this one but I think it was 3.

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If it helps, We have 3 

0 Kudos
kw7157
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi qwakuk, many thanks for that info. Having just spoken to Virgin's UnHelp Customer Support I was given the news that I coul dnot connct my 3rd box that I have just purchased from ebay and I would have to buy a new one from Virgin!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ah so now we know what your real question is and can confirm that the information provided to you  by Virgin Media was correct.

Ask for your money back from the unscrupulous person who sold you Virgin Media's property.

kw7157
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I certainly will!

Ernie_C wrote:

Ah so now we know what your real question is and can confirm that the information provided to you  by Virgin Media was correct.

Ask for your money back from the unscrupulous person who sold you Virgin Media's property.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes Virgin Media WILL NOT connect any equipment not directly supplied from them. TiVo boxes are locked to an area and account and also as stated belong to Virgin Media so the person selling it on eBay should not have sold it to you.

Ask for a refund and return the box. If the seller does not play ball then open a case with eBay or Paypal. you will win it as the item is not sold as described as it was never going to work anywhere else apart from the original location it was installed at.

I am not too sure of the prices for a 3rd box I think £49 install for a 500Gb plus £5 or £6 TiVo fee. You might also be able to strike a deal with retentions and get it cheaper. Always worth a try.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

An additional TiVo 500GB box is a one off £14.99 activation and installation plus £6.50 a month. For a 1GB box, add an additional one off TiVo activation fee of £49.99.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
kw7157
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr - Thanks for the reply. Interesting that you state that the additional monthly charge is £6.50 when only today I have been quoted £11.50 per month plus, £14.99 for the postage packing for the equipment plus £49.99 activation, plus £40 for the engineer visit.

0 Kudos
kw7157
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Given that all the kit always belongs to Virgin, then why is it that ebay has so much Virgin kit for sale, some of which is definitely available from sellers who are actually Virgin installation staff? I know of 2 personally in other areas of the UK. Why does Virgin allow this to persist?

0 Kudos