Menu
RobWildridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How do you get Spotify on TiVo to remember your userid & password?

I can sign in and everything works fine, but however I leave (press home, press red, press back etc) the next time I start it up I have to enter the details again.  I have a complicated password, so it takes ages to do this.

Has anyone managed to get these remembered, and if so can you tell me how?

I've tried this too - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/Signing-in-to-Tivo-Cloud-App/m-p/2816036/highlight/true#M11...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do you get Spotify on TiVo to remember your userid & password?

Hi RobWildridge

Thanks for your post regarding Spotify and storing the password and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Currently our systems don't have the password storage for the Spotify App embedded into the software so we are unable to provide this as a function.  This is true for the Cloud too.

There is Spotify help linked here that may provide some other information for you if needed but regarding the password, the best suggestion I can give is to maybe look at changing the password to a more memorable one to make it easier for you.

I'd be happy to help if there's any other queries you may have, please let me know.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I never have to re-enter my user/password on Spotify ??

Just tried it and it logged straight in and displays my playlists.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't be having to re-enter your user/pass every time, that would be ludicrous. I don't have to on my tivo box.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there guys, 

I just want to clear things up here. We are aware that some customer's details are not being saved to their TiVo®. This is something we are looking into, and I have the same issue with one  my TiVo®'s at home, but the other is fine, and remembers the details. 

Whilst I don't have any information on when a fix will be deployed to resolve this, I would like to let you know we are aware of it. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

robigouk
Dialled in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

just seeing this was posted in May and we're in October and still not fixed. Anybody looking into this Virgin, the spotify app isn't great (no shuffle etc) however it's still a nice app to have access to for spotify.. but not saving password and username is a ball ache!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi robigouk

Thanks for getting in touch regarding the Spotify app via our TiVo® service.

My apologies this particular issue seems to be affecting you whilst using the app via the TiVo® service.  This issue shows as having been resolved so if this is still affecting you we may need to raise this again.

Can I check that you're using the option to 'Exit' from the app when leaving the Spotify app on your TiVo® box and this is the option that defaults when you leave the app not the second option which will 'Exit and sign out'.

You can find these on the top right hand side of the screen when you're in the Spotify app.  If you know you're defaulted to the 'Exit' option, could you please do a full reboot of your TiVo® box and try this again.

If you are still having this issue once these steps have been followed if you could let me know and we can log this with the teams on your behalf.

If there is anything else I can help with then please let me know.

Kind regards

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
robigouk
Dialled in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen I can confirm I've tried using the "Exit" method (as I know this works for the tivo cloud app) but not on the spotify one Smiley Sad Please escalate! cheers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi robigouk

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Just one more question if that's OK and I can get this passed over.  I can see you have multiple TV boxes with us.  Does this issue happen on all of them?

If not could you confirm which one is affected?

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
robigouk
Dialled in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen I can confirm it happens on both boxes. Neither remember my spotify password no matter which way I try and exit!
0 Kudos