Menu
windy54
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I record one episode of BBC Click

with my old box I used to set it up to record one episode of Click from the BBC news channel at 0430 on a Sunday morning.

With the TiVo I set up to record click at 0130 on a Sunday morning with a series link. It then records 6 or more episodes.

i have changed the series link to specify new recordings and I still get lots of episodes, any ideas?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I record one episode of BBC Click

It'll be the generic info for the program given by the BBC to the EPG compilers. 

Best set thing would be to set up a manual recording. 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

6 is surprising, my BBC1 SL will always pick up 3, 2 overnight Friday into Saturday which rarely record correctly - BBC1 doesn't have a fixed changeover to the News Channel so they're more than likely to be duff (and one is the short version) - the overnight Sat into Sun @ 04:30 is usually spot on so if you do go the manual recording route this is the earliest in the week that works for me.

we've just started picking up a 4th scheduled recording overnight mid week.

shame we've lost the BBC2 broadcast - one a week, perfect.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to crack this. Previously it was possible to get a full episode on a Monday morning but this screening seems to be no more. 

I also get the multi recordings which is a pain, although not all of them are full episodes. I dont think that a manual recording will be the answer as often the programme is either shortened or not screened at all.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Underlying this is the dodgy data that is supplied to VM for the EPG. I'm sure others can explain better but usually the guide knows that a particular showing is "Episode XYZ" and the TiVo can only record one example of each episode as per usual. This is one of those occasional examples where episode information isn't provided, so the TiVo defaults to record every showing.

But if you've got a series link, you can use the "keep at most" option to only retain a certain number of episodes at a given time.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

occasional for other epg errors but for Click - not-soooo-much, been happening for longer than Tribune and VM have been doing the epg thing - the original S1 TiVo had exactly the same problem over the years.

if you do go down the keep xx episodes route make sure you keep the maximum amount of weekly episodes you end up with in your planner, at least one of them will be the short ep.

over time the majority of us have learnt to put up with this, I'm guessing you'll end up doing the same - there's a point at which beating the dead epg-horse becomes tiresome.

0 Kudos