Menu
Sonya71
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I know what channels I receive for free

I'm signed up to the tivo M+ service some of the channels are grayed out, how do I know which channels I get for free and does it cost to subscribe to on demand and sky channels?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I know what channels I receive for free

Without wanting to sound pedantic you don't get any channels for free. An important distinction because some people think if they cancel their TV package they will still have freeview channels on their VM coax, which is not the case.

The channels included in your current package are the ones you can currently access. The ones that are greyed out, you need to increase your subscription to a higher "tier" to access. VM work on "bundles" of channels so you cant , for the sake of argument, add just SKY1.

So you cant just click into them by accident and get charged if thats whats worrying you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is a link on the main TV forum to VM's current channel list, which shows which channels belong in each bundle:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/TV-Channel-Lineup/td-p/3128651

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sonya 71 some off the channels like xl and m and l packages are subscription based only so all the channels that are in that package you are subscribed to you dont get any for free only on freeview service which doesnt run a subscription service if the channels are greyed out on tv listings it means you need to subscribe to those channels like sports movies if you are on m package you should get all what you paid for or kippies is right what he pointed out you dont get free channels sky channels are subscribe only which ever package you choose
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ben collette please advice thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sonya71,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I hope you're settling in ok.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to ask, the community is here to help if you need us.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos