Menu
superjase
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do I know what I've viewed?

If I have a lot of episodes in a series link folder, is there a quick way of telling which ones I have already viewed? Sky+ conveniently labelled them 'Recorded' or 'Viewed'

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I know what I've viewed?

Collette_T wrote:

Hi superjase,

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

Currently there isn't a feature to show which has been watched or not.  

Actually, there is Collette; though I don't use the feature myself.

Whilst in "My Shows", press the green 'options' button

then scroll down and select 'view the left column'

partiallywatched1.jpg

then scroll down and 'tick' the 'partially watched' option

partiallywatched2.jpg

and save the setting with the green button.

Now when you go back to "my shows" you have the ability to see how far into shows and films you are.

partiallywatched3.jpg

(Note: It took me a while to compose this reply, by which time others had responded!)

Ernie_C wrote:

You can display what you have partially watched but not what you have fully watched.

The further along the white bar is, the more you have watched! (ie in the photo I have fully-watched Supergirl.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi superjase,

Currently there isn't a feature to show which has been watched or not.  One thing I would point out is that if an episode has been watched but stopped before the end was reached then it will ask you to 'Resume'.  That's only if the programme was stopped before it ended of it's own accord.

I will put forward this suggestion as it would be quite handy for those who tend to have series marathons. Smiley Happy

If you have any further queries, let me know. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

savik2
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, please put this feature into the Suggestion Box - it's one of the things I miss since replacing my V+ box.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can display what you have partially watched but not what you have fully watched.

Push the green button when you are in My Shows and un-hide the left hand column.

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Collette_T wrote:

Hi superjase,

Currently there isn't a feature to show which has been watched or not.  

Actually, there is Collette; though I don't use the feature myself.

Whilst in "My Shows", press the green 'options' button

then scroll down and select 'view the left column'

partiallywatched1.jpg

then scroll down and 'tick' the 'partially watched' option

partiallywatched2.jpg

and save the setting with the green button.

Now when you go back to "my shows" you have the ability to see how far into shows and films you are.

partiallywatched3.jpg

(Note: It took me a while to compose this reply, by which time others had responded!)

Ernie_C wrote:

The further along the white bar is, the more you have watched! (ie in the photo I have fully-watched Supergirl.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
superjase
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies very useful, although I don't really like having the left column turned on and taking up space. It would be nice to maybe just change the icon to show which has been viewed.

0 Kudos
savik2
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I already have the Partially Watched option in view, but currently there is no facility to flag shows one has already watched end-to-end as 'Watched'.  The V+ box used to do this, and it was really handy for those of us who are working their way through a series, but not wanting to delete the shows we've seen.

0 Kudos
superjase
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just tried the partially watched option, but when you go into a series link folder the left column disappears so it cannot be selected.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don't you go into the Partially Watched folder, rather than the series link folder?

0 Kudos
savik2
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I just want to thank TivoFan for creating such an informative post, which I'm sure will help a lot of people.  It doesn't quite solve the issue the original poster raised.  The thing is, if one allows a recording to run right to the end, rather than stopping it manually at the end of the show, it no longer counts as Partially Watched, and consequently disappears from that folder. 

0 Kudos