Menu
Joana
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can you tell if a remote control is faulty, volume or mute button does not work

how can you tell if a remote is faulty, volume & mute do not work. Tried all the help information

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can you tell if a remote control is faulty, volume or mute button does not work

can you get the menus up pressing Home / change channels on your TiVo with it?

if so then it's working but not synched up with your TV.

have you been through...

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=3943&CURRENT_C...

0 Kudos
Joana
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can you tell if a remote control is faulty, volume or mute button does not work

Yes I have tried to  synch remote with television, what it does is switch the television off, and the remote will not switch the television back on, the only way I can get the television back on is by pressing the  switch on the television.

Why is the standby button not switching the television back on?????

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing you don't have quite the right code for your TV, try a reset (bottom section of the link) and try again with the 0999 "try everything" code.

let us know your TV manufacturer and model, perhaps somebody knows the working code.

0 Kudos
Joana
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My TV is a SONY KDL-40S2530 CAN ANYONE HELP. I need the code so I can synch the virgin remote control with this television so I can use the volume and mute button.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Joana, 

I'd first of all like to welcome you to the forums and say I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty in synching your remote control to your TV. As sjp123 has said, this certainly sounds to me like an incorrect code has been selected. It could be that you need to hold the standby button in longer on the remote as well. 

If your struggling to get the correct code for your model of Sony, then I'd suggest trying a manual search of codes, you can find instructions on how to do this for all of our remote controls by clicking on the following link.  http://virg.in/gPtzN

Please let us know if you do find the correct code.

Many thanks and apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
simon200
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A cheap and cheerful rudimentary test of a remote, is to film a video of its output with a smartphone or camcorder. The infra red is picked up by the recorder and becomes visible in playback as white light. 

It won't give you any frequency or coding information, obviously, but it will confirm whether or not the remote is outputting a signal. 

0 Kudos