Flag for a moderator

How can I use my TiVo box with my PC?

How to watch TV onPC using TiVo box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I use my TiVo box with my PC?

TV anywhere on the PC allows you to watch certain live channels, you cannot watch recorded programs from your Tivo on any device

This is because

1: The broadcasters do not want this

2: The Tivo has a 1 meg upload limit and that's not enough from streaming

the 2nd problem can be overcome the 1st problem not so much

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you have an HDMI input on your PC you could try it, but this method of connection is unlikely to be HDCP compliant. In other words, the TiVO handshakes with what you are connecting to make sure it is not a recording capable device. If it cannot see a TV at the other end it blocks transmission of the picture.

You can use TV Anywhere for live streaming only, of the channels that allow it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ackabajohn,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Dannylau and nodrogd provided great information on TV Anywhere.

There is a great deal of information on how to use the TV Anywhere--how to download it, use it on different devices, and troubleshoot it here on our Community Forum. Just search the Community for TV Anywhere. 

I would suggest first of all visiting our help pages for more information on TV Anywhere, which can be found here by clicking on this link.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos