Menu
Walter
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How can I set the guide to show only the HD channels

I have a Cisco 500Gig TiVo on the M+ package.

How can I set the guide to show only the HD channels so I can select to record the HD channels?

I have tried setting up the Favourites but that dose not help.

Walter

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
johnvc
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How can I set the guide to show only the HD channels

You can look just at HD channels, you can fill your favourites with just HD channels. Unfortunately after a while the Tivo reverts to the full listing. 

All Replies
johnvc
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can look just at HD channels, you can fill your favourites with just HD channels. Unfortunately after a while the Tivo reverts to the full listing. 

Walter
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

Walter wrote:

I have a Cisco 500Gig TiVo on the M+ package.

How can I set the guide to show only the HD channels so I can select to record the HD channels?

I have tried setting up the Favourites but that dose not help.

Walter

Thank you

0 Kudos
FreshOutTheBox3
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Press the OK button and press blue then select HD
Fresh
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd like a rather wider solution than these, the ability to remap channel numbers.

The problem with HD channels at the moment is they are mostly exceptions filling up odd gaps, spread out somewhat randomly through the channel list, so you lose the ability to use the simple + and - buttons to quickly channel-hop up and down through the major channels (BBC1 HD, to BBC2 HD, to ITV HD, C4 HD, etc) in the same way you can with the SD alternatives.

Can the TiVo be set in such a way that it allows that kind of more logical operation when browsing channels, without all the hundreds of crud channels getting in the way? (I'm looking at you Home Shopping, and all your pointless friends)

My Samsung Freeview TV easily allows this (I have button '1' set to display BBC1 HD, '2' to BBC2 HD, etc, all swapped down from the default 101, 102 positions). Even a sensible dual mapping would work, for example with HD channels sitting tidily in the 101-199 region and the SD ones somewhere above that.

The unused 001 to 099 range would be perfect for setting this up in fact, maybe they could even be used as user-definable mirrors of the existing channel numbers, so the existing numbering scheme would not be impacted?

In short, I don't know a definitive answer to this confusing situation that has arisen over time, but I do know the current hodge-podge is a mess.

Andre

0 Kudos