Menu
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hope I'm not counting my chickens but Tivo box appears to have sped up

Hi

Since the weekend my Tivo box appears to have had a big speed boost, now when pressing home or guide the menus load almost immediately, certainly a lot faster than they have been for the past few months.

I have not done anything different my end, so has there been some sort of update in the last week that could fix the slow response issues?  I would say it is fast becoming a pleasure to use, but then I'm easily pleased after the dismal slow responses of the last few months.

Long may it continue Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hope I'm not counting my chickens but Tivo box appears to have sped up

I have noticed this as well - I thought it was just my imagination!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mbonnick, 

Thanks for your post.

We're always making small improvement changes to the backend of things so thanks for posting and letting us know Smiley Happy

If you have any more feedback, good or bad, just let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I certainly will Kath.

I am just keeping my fingers firmly crossed that it doesn't slip back to the slow responses I had before.  I hope the other people that were complaining of slow boxes as well have seen an improvement...

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Chickens counted!!  Tivo box has been really slow again for the last 2 weeks Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mbonnick, 

I'm really sorry to hear that things have slowed down there for you. I've done a little check on things my end and have noticed that we've just become aware or a network fault which will mean that some things will take longer than normal to load up, as there seems to be some noise on the local network. 

Our network technicians are currently working on this with the reference F003956359, these type of issues do take a couple of days to get resolved, and I can see that the current estimated fix time is set as 22/10 at 9am. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for checking Huw

I will leave it until after the 22nd then and let you know either way....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mbonnick, 

I've just checked on the local cable, and can see that the issue that we spotted on October 15th has now been restored and the service should now be normal for you. 

Testing has shown that your hard drive is experiencing an issue at the moment, so I'd like to arrange a technician to call out and investigate that for you. I've sent you a private message to get this arranged. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Huw

I have just got home from being away on business all week and just checked and it does appear to be resolved and be nice and speedy again...

I will message you re the issue with my hard drive, basically I am happy to have an engineer attend but not if it means relinquishing my box as I have lots of programs on there that I still need to watch......

I appreciate this could result in the hard drive going completely at some point down the line and if it does I will have to live with it but as there is no way of backing up my recordings other than in real time then I will take a chance on it...

Mark

0 Kudos