Menu
nineen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hisense code

I have tried the available codes for my hisense 40 inch smart TV so that I can control the volume etc with my Tivo remote , but no luck 😕
I have contacted the hisense support and they said that virgin media should update their software . Is anybody able to help ?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hisense code

So I take it you have followed these instructions totally?

Programming Virgin Tivo remote for TVs

And if the code search stage didn't work, you have tried each of the following codes? 0009, 0025, 0209, 0326, 0753

I would start by making sure that the remote is set to factory settings, as at the end of the page and then restart the code search.

Reset remote

To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down and on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press three times, then press
  3. The LED will flash green four times and exit programming mode.

Can you provide the model number of the TV?  It might be possible to find a working code by searching other forums.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nineen

Just found this link on AV Forums, where someone recently (March 2016) managed to get the Tivo remote to work on a 55" HiSense TV. (copied below, in blue)

Ok was determined to get the VM TiVo remote to work and I now have working remote

Steps I took are 1-reset the remote 2- use standard code search function

3- go backwards till you see that the setup menu on TV has been triggered then use Hisense remote to put it back onto VM channel and carry on with code search till TV switches off, switch TV back on using TiVo remote check volume and mute settings press OK to save settings or you will lose them and have to start again L

1: Reset remote
To clear your changes and reset you’re remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press Thumb down three times, then press ok

2: Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
  2. Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
  4. Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.

Looking on Sky forums, it seems that they need to use the latest revision of the remote for it to work - I don't know if the Tivo has different revisions of the remote (perhaps a superuser or a member of the forum team can help here?) but maybe that is the cause, that the remote just can't talk to the TV.  If this is the case, maybe you will have to accept using two remotes for now (probably not what you want to hear). 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (3)

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So I take it you have followed these instructions totally?

Programming Virgin Tivo remote for TVs

And if the code search stage didn't work, you have tried each of the following codes? 0009, 0025, 0209, 0326, 0753

I would start by making sure that the remote is set to factory settings, as at the end of the page and then restart the code search.

Reset remote

To clear your changes and reset your remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down and on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press three times, then press

Can you provide the model number of the TV?  It might be possible to find a working code by searching other forums.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nineen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for your time and for responding Argy . I am working today so will try the fix tomorrow and let you know how I get on. I did not do a factory reset so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will work .Thank you so much again
0 Kudos
nineen
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Argy
Unfortunately this did work . I managed to turn the TV off which was further than I managed before but the volume buttons etc didn't work . Thank you again for your help
My model number is LTDN40K321
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After thinking laterally, do any of the codes for Daewoo work (0031, 0049, 0101, 0123, 0152, 0181, 0193, 0195, 0213, 0217, 0226,0379, 0456, 0697, 0699, 0748, 0798, 0810)?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nineen

Just found this link on AV Forums, where someone recently (March 2016) managed to get the Tivo remote to work on a 55" HiSense TV. (copied below, in blue)

Ok was determined to get the VM TiVo remote to work and I now have working remote

Steps I took are 1-reset the remote 2- use standard code search function

3- go backwards till you see that the setup menu on TV has been triggered then use Hisense remote to put it back onto VM channel and carry on with code search till TV switches off, switch TV back on using TiVo remote check volume and mute settings press OK to save settings or you will lose them and have to start again L

1: Reset remote
To clear your changes and reset you’re remote to its original settings:

1. Press and hold down clear and TV on the remote at the same time until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  2. Press Thumb down three times, then press ok

2: Programming your remote using a code search
The simplest way to programme your TiVo remote to work with your TV is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your TV and your TiVo box are switched on.
  2. Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice.
  3. Enter the code 0999 to access the TV code database - the LED will flash green twice.
  4. Press channel up repeatedly until a code turns off your TV - the LED will flash green each time a code is sent.
  5. When your TV turns off, use your TV remote to turn your TV back on.

Looking on Sky forums, it seems that they need to use the latest revision of the remote for it to work - I don't know if the Tivo has different revisions of the remote (perhaps a superuser or a member of the forum team can help here?) but maybe that is the cause, that the remote just can't talk to the TV.  If this is the case, maybe you will have to accept using two remotes for now (probably not what you want to hear). 

Tags (3)
nineen
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you ,thank you ,thank you . This worked !!!
I also saved the code quickly when the TV turned off
Thank you so much for the time and the bother you took 😆😆
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
58hater
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

What is the code please?

Got the same TV but nothing seems to work.

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
58hater
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

What is the code please?

Got the same TV but nothing seems to work.

Regards

Dave

Quick Reply Reply
0 Kudos