Menu
whammers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hiccups message “not recorded –power lost"

This weekend I have had problems regarding the failure to record all the programs covering the British Grand Prix.
I have two series links set up:
1. Sky Sports F1 re Live: Formula 1 Motor Racing program – options  :Recordings  &  New programs only
2  C4 re Formula 1 Motor Racing program – options: Recordings  &  New programs only

On Saturday I discovered that none the relative programs on Friday or Saturday had been recorded.
The recording “HICCUPS” screen indicated that under the program title Live: Formula 1 Motor Racing, attempts to record both the Sky Sports F1 and the C4HD programs failed with the narrative “not recorded –power lost”.
It also showed as one would expect that the same programs on Sky Sports 1 and C4, C4AD, were duplicates and not recorded .

The series link for Live: Formula 1 Motor Racing no longer showed a specific channel and options: were now  Recordings & Streamed Videos   &  New & Reruns
I changed the series link back to the original settings, and then checked the planned recordings for Sunday. As one would expect only the Sky Sports F1 programs were shown, as the C4 program series link had the title Formula 1 Motor Racing, but the title of the scheduled programs included the prefix of “Live:”, exactly matching the Sky Sports F1 title. I therefore set up manual recording of the race on C4.

When I turned on the TV Sunday morning at 12.45pm, I realised that the Tivo box was not indicating the recording of the 2 race programs. As soon as I switched on the Tivo box the 2 recording lights appeared.

This raises 2 issues :
1. What caused the unauthorised changes to the Series Link for the Sky Sports F1 programs ?
2. Why has the Tivo Box ceased recording a planned program, when the box is in Standby mode ?

Can anyone help, please

Footnotes:
1. We prefer commentary team on C4.
2, Most of our TV watching is via Digital TV, so we keep the Tivo Box on standby until we want to watch a recording/catch up or a Sports Channel. 
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hiccups message “not recorded –power lost"

Hi whammers,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the recordings didn't go ahead as scheduled.  We will be happy to help and have a look into this for you.  Before we check further, has this happened again since?

If you can let us know, we can check further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
whammers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hiccups message “not recorded –power lost"

Yours was the first reply to my post, since which I have researched the forum further and found an ongoing post under the heading  "Tivo doesn't record--- says "Power Lost" , which related to one of the issues I had identified i.e. not recording in Standby mode.

I noticed that you had joined in this thread - message#7, and I have also joined  ( messages  #26 and  #32 ), from which you will see that I have provided details of a recurrence of both the issues I raised in this post.

I think It would be better for all concerned if these two posts are merged, and you respond  to this message via the thread  "Tivo doesn't record --- says "Power Lost" , especially as there are others like me who wish to see a helpful contribution from Virgin. 

I trust that we will see something positive action soon!

0 Kudos