Menu
Andy47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi is there a general setting to stop my TiVo box deleting recordings after 3 days ?

?
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi is there a general setting to stop my TiVo box deleting recordings after 3 days ?

The TiVo will only delete the recordings if it actually needs the space, the message is slightly misleading. You can set series links to "Keep Until I Delete" on an individual basis, but ironically, doing this with too many series seems to trigger a bug where the TiVo randomly deletes large numbers of programs.

I leave all my programs as "Delete when Space needed" and I've got programs from over three years ago on my TiVo and generally seem to have it at 80-90% full.

0 Kudos
adrianm758
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi is there a general setting to stop my TiVo box deleting recordings after 3 days ?

Sometimes the 'will be deleted in X days' message is valid - for example when you have a series link with the default 'keep at most 10 episodes' setting. In that case the tivo box will delete old episodes as new ones are recorded. For example, if you have a series link for Peppa Pig which seems to be broadcast almost continuously, I can well imagine that you would see 'will be deleted in 3 days' or even sooner.  You can change the settings on your series link to 25 or even 'All' to stop that happening.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy47,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming by with your query about recordings deleting after 3 days.

Tavis75 and adrianm758 have given some very good suggestions to try out.   It would be great to hear how you get on.

The community is here to help should you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos