Menu
Viren2401
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, anyone experienced the TIVO box that has deleted all of the recorded programs automatically?

Hi,

I experienced this today, when it appeared that the TIVO box has permanently deleted all recorded programs. Went out of the house early afternoon with Various recordings set and over 20 programs already recorded, approx 70% space used. Can home in the evening to find out that ALL of the recorded programs have been deleted and not even on the recently deleted folder. There was no-one at home who could have done this.

Unfortunately, the person on the help desk was not so helpful and could not answer any of my questions or provide any sensible explanation.

Anyone else experienced this before?

0 Kudos
Olly
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi, anyone experienced the TIVO box that has deleted all of the recorded programs automatically?

Sadly you aren't alone. .this is one of the many threads about it

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/why-is-TIVO-box-deleting-programs-on-mass/m-p/2375641#M9821...

Doesn't ;look like there will be a fix any time soon. Some people are changing everything to Keep until I delete. Altho apparently that in itself has caused a bug in the past but not sure what.

do feel for you must be really frustrating Smiley Sad

Viren2401
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi, anyone experienced the TIVO box that has deleted all of the recorded programs automatically?

Thank you for the replay. 

It helps to know that I am not alone ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Viren2401,

Thanks for your post and it's great to have you here in the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies for the issues you have had with missing recordings. This isn't what we like to hear about at all. 

Checking things on the account, I can see there is currently an open fault. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with what's happened. 

The fault is currently in the final stages of being resolved so I would reboot your box just to clear any errors left behind from that. 

Rebooting your box once a week will help to ensure no recordings are lost going forward. 

Keep me posted on how things are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JD178
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

once a month my TIVO box decides to delete some recordings even though there is plenty of space. I see other people have had the problem in the past, and just wondered if a fix is available.

0 Kudos