Menu
Christine43
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help with TiVo

Have 2 TiVo and one V box. One of the TiVo boxes developed a fault and a replacement was sent. Installed as instructed and works fine. However the other box (was working fine) is no not subscribed and have no subscriptions and channels 1-5 have message saying account has been changed. Can't play any recordings if they were recorded from a subscribed channel. Call customer services and they say have to wait for a engineer in 5 days. Can anyone from virgin media please help. Want to watch Tv, already missed some great tv and new year eve fireworks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with TiVo

You should be able to resolve this remotely.

They have obviously de-activated the wrong TiVo - the second, original, working box, rather than the failed box.

I would call in again and explain the situation to get it resolved, rather than waste your and the engineer's time.

0 Kudos
Christine43
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you response.
Called again, they managed to get the main TiVo box in the lounge working but the replacement box is now not working. They said they would call back in an hour but surprise surprise no call received. I'm still stuck with just one functioning box. Going to call for the 3rd time this morning in the hope I get someone who actually knows how to fix this.
Wish me luck as I really can't take time off work to wait for an engineer. This got disconnected remotely so should be able to reconnect remotely.
0 Kudos
Christine43
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Hew at VM all sorted now. No need for engineer. Pity it's taken 6 days to get sorted. Clearly the new year staff off shore need extra training . Ask for the box ID and Activate that without deactivating the others - simples.

Thanks
0 Kudos