Menu
ChristinaH21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help with TiVo/account

I'm on a hardship payment plan due to virgin changing price of my contract!,my account has been suspended and I have been put on to basic channels,20mbps internet and free weekend calls. Last two days my TiVo box hasn't been working,can't change channel over or even when I get on to home screen and back on to to screen it doesn't work I have to switch the box off completely for it to let me change one channel over before it stops working again,after numerous phone calls and having the phone put down me 8x! I I've had enough got told by two different people that my TiVo box needs a new code to work and the 8th phone call 3rd person told me it was a fault their end and I will get credited the whole time it is off,I am still paying £42 a month for the basics so surely that's unfair as it's not just £10 I'm paying! Can I get a it of advice please I've attached 2 pictures just to show 

IMG_0573.JPGoIMG_0574.JPG

Chowes
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help with TiVo/account

As its an individual account issue we may not have much luck escalating it through here- but we can try.

In the meantime, wait till UK office hours, phone in on 150 and use options 1,4,5. Should land you with UK onshore support. Its called "retention's" but they do much more than that. Those guys/gals should be able to work through this with you.

If they have accepted the terms of a hardship plan from you and you've stuck to the payments, that's one of the few things we see on here that's a vanilla breach of contract. So its in Vm's interest to sort it out.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pretty much looks like you are cut off vis a vis TiVo. Is broadband working?

If so, come back to us well get it escalated. If not, sounds like you need to call in and check how your payments are against your plan.

ChristinaH21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband is working fine had no problems with that. Just my tv box not working like it should,tried calling again today and all the time got the phone put down on me! So one was willing to help I just got issued a new bill which took me from £74 up to £90 odd😳And the most I could afford on a payment plan is £42 my original contact was £32 and they upped it to £63 a month! But managed to get my bill down from £200+! Been on payment plan since December and every couple of weeks they have to switch my servercies back on but it's never gone like it is doing now. 

Chowes
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As its an individual account issue we may not have much luck escalating it through here- but we can try.

In the meantime, wait till UK office hours, phone in on 150 and use options 1,4,5. Should land you with UK onshore support. Its called "retention's" but they do much more than that. Those guys/gals should be able to work through this with you.

If they have accepted the terms of a hardship plan from you and you've stuck to the payments, that's one of the few things we see on here that's a vanilla breach of contract. So its in Vm's interest to sort it out.

0 Kudos
ChristinaH21
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant thank you shall give them a call Monday! Not right that I have to reset my box and wait for start up just to change it over one channel! More use of the free view TVs upstairs lol. I will get back to you here hopefully with 'it's been sorted' thanks again!
Chowes
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Staff have come back and there have been some issues with the system that sends the "hit" to activate the box- but that its seems resolved, so it MAY start before Monday. If not staff will escalate it for you then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning ChristinaH21,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with your TiVo® box.

In regards to this issue, you would need to call through to our Customer Services team on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to discuss this further.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos