Menu
neil-jan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help please V+ box ? TiVo to record on second TV. Is V+ available ? VM site no help

Have TiVo box and V HD in extension. Was told at installation that both would work the same. Now discover that V HD does not do record or rewind live. VM help says V+ upgrade unavailable must be Tivo now ??? If so how much and why.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help please V+ box ? TiVo to record on second TV. Is V+ available ? VM site no help

The V+ box went out of production 6 years ago. VM now only offer refurbished V+ boxes as fault replacements for existing V+ customers. The firmware in these boxes is maxed out now , so the EPG is well under a week long. The radio EPG is devoid of any information, & there is only restricted access to iPlayer content compared to the TiVO. Adding a second TiVO increases your subscription by a further £5 a month

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help please V+ box ? TiVo to record on second TV. Is V+ available ? VM site no help

The V+ box went out of production 6 years ago. VM now only offer refurbished V+ boxes as fault replacements for existing V+ customers. The firmware in these boxes is maxed out now , so the EPG is well under a week long. The radio EPG is devoid of any information, & there is only restricted access to iPlayer content compared to the TiVO. Adding a second TiVO increases your subscription by a further £5 a month

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

neil-jan
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the concise answer. I would like to know now why we were given a V HD box in March this year when we asked for the second box to give all the same facilities as the main Tivo. The difference between the two were not explained and in fact we were encouraged to take the V box an a "special" deal when we rewnewed our existing contact for the new address that we moved into in February this year. We should have been told we needed two TiVo to enable us to have the same facilities.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can only leave this for a VM Forum Team member to respond too. Although, as you have marked my previous post as a helpfull answer, they may think the issue in this thread is resolved.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi neil-jan

I'm really sorry to learn about the difficulty you've experienced lately with your additional set top and I'd like to arrange for you to speak with one of our team, so we can clear security and take a good look at this for you as soon as possible.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, you can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos