Menu
nikkif80
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Help from virgin employee

Have tried to call and get cut off my TiVo box is slow and unresponsive three days it's taken ten mins to come off standby even with powering off! Is my TiVo box packing up had this one for few years! How can I book engineer without ringing! Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help from virgin employee

Hi nikkif80,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo® box. 

In relation to the slowness, this thread here may interest you: Update to our TiVo® boxes

Looking at the TiVo® box itself, all your signal levels, input levels and hard drive status all look good. There isn't any need for an engineer as currently there is nothing for the engineer to fix. 

To help speed up the TiVo® while waiting for the firmware update, try the following: 

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos