Menu
ahtnamas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help! Virgin are rubbish!

I am at my wits end! I have phoned 5 times this month and got nowhere! I have just tried to sign in and a message to type in the correct bill amount keeps appearing - even though I have done over and over again. Watching iplayer is hopeless and I have been chatting to neighbours who are giving me the heads up on all sorts of issues with Virgin locally. I want my money back! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Virgin are rubbish!

Hi ahtnamas, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though you are having an issue.

When you say you are trying to sign in, what are you trying to sign in to? Is this your email with us, your My VM account or something different all together? 

What browser are you using? 

Try giving it a refresh by deleting the cache, cookies and browsing history and trying again. Has this made any difference?

With regards to iPlayer, checking the account I can see there is currently a fault in your area. We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues will be resolved.

The fault reference for this is: F004758778 and the next review date is the 7th December. 

With regards to any refunds, you'll need to speak to the team over the phone on this. You can reach them on 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Let us know how it goes and come back to us with the answers for the log in issue you are having. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ahtnamas
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath F,

Thanks to getting back to me. Re signing in I meant to my VM account. I was so cross I failed to explain properly. Regarding the iplayer issue, yes there is a fault in our area which has been going on all year. People in my area are leaving Virgin in droves and I guess we will do the same. I have tried the numbers you gave me at least 5 times this month only to hear the same scripted response. I have asked someone to contact me to discuss a refund, as the person I speak to when I phone is unable to offer any help and no one has called me. You say all issues will be resolved once the work is completed but how long is that going to take? An engineer from Virgin came around and admitted that the fault was with Virgin and that they were in a dispute with Tivo (?) and until it was sorted nothing would improve. It is all rather a mess.

Yours frustratedly,

ahtnamas.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ahtnamas, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I can only apologise for the time it's taken to resolve things. As mentioned in my post above, the next review date will be the 7th December. We won't know anymore until then. 

When calling, the only thing we can do is give you the information that I have given. As for refunds, we provide these for loss of service. Any faults that are ongoing though are usually noted until the fault is resolved and then a refund issues after. 

What options are you selecting when going through via the phones? I really wish I could help you on this but we're not able to sort out refunds via the Community. 

Thanks,  

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos