Menu
Paddywack0
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Heavily Compressed audio - Audio pumping

What has happened to the audio on Virgin? It seems to be very heavily compressed, pumping up in the quite bits and pumping down in the loud bits. Some drama programmes, especially if they have been recorded on Tivo, are almost impossible to listen to since the silences between dialogue turn in to noisy rushing background atmos. If I switch to Freeview on my Samsung TV then the sound for the same channels is fine.

Are there any settings on the V+ box that would effect this? is it broadcast like this by Virgin? Is my V Box faulty?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Heavily Compressed audio - Audio pumping

Hi Paddywack0

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with the audio on your TV service at the moment.

Can I ask how you've got your set top box plugged in? Are you using any audio equipment? And lastly, has anything changed on your end recently?

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately, so that I can do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paddywack0
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Heavily Compressed audio - Audio pumping

Thanks Craig I will PM you.

Nick

0 Kudos