Menu
Gezza101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Has the buffering been sorted on TIVO yet , it drives me mad !!!

Glad to see other TIVO users ( you know what I mean ) have been experiencing the 25% buffer freeze , not just me , I too am tempted to look for an alternative TV/ Broadband supplier if things do not improve .

Has this problem been rectified , a Virgin spokes person did say they would try to fix it by today (18-11-15) ?

Gezza101

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has the buffering been sorted on TIVO yet , it drives me mad !!!

Hi Gezza101,

Thank you for your post for the first time and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the 25% buffering on the TiVo. I've been testing the connection and I can see that there is indeed a fault in the address and the network team planning to undertake some work to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any buffering you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

I've labelled the the fault ticket for your records here F003586732 and the estimated review date will be the 24/02/16.

If you do have any additional questions please let me know here.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dont get too excited though.

Many of us have been through the same process with promises like this and have been sorely disappointed.

Moderators have a habit of trawling for posters who have just joined and promise them a solution.

The real test comes later if you are still having buffering problems....in all probability you will then find the moderators have done a disappearing act.

0 Kudos
Gezza101
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BebD_H for getting back to me on the matter of TiVO 25% buffering issues with Netfix , my only concern is that this issue has been ongoing for at at least 2/3 months for me , i was not too concerned at first because I i knew I would be out the country for a month and put the issue on the back burner , thinking it would be fixed , ( a blip in Virgins normally very good service ) but having been back a month and paying Netflix for a service I cannot use because of the TiVO is at the heart of the problem is really annoying me know , and the fact that ESTIMATED review time is the 24/02/16 is rather unsatisfactory to me considering I use Virgin for TV / Broadband / Mobile and landline .

I want to watch films via Netflix at home on my TV , but can't enjoy a film because after 45 mins or less the buffering starts all due to TiVO box , what is the point of having a 40'' TV if you can not watch great films on it , not interested in watching films on my mini IPad or phone , I am talking the comfort of my own home . 

Yours getting rather Frustrated Gezza101

0 Kudos
Couzens
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At least you have an estimated repair time (if they meet it or not), I just got a keep calling every month response :/

Certainly feels like this fix should be somewhere up virgins priority list.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gezza101,

Thanks for the reply and getting back to me so soon.

I've been looking into this and have decided to highlight this to one of our team members to pick this up. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little blue envelope near the top right of the page.

Speak to you again soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos