Menu
robbybussy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone been able to connect their Tivo box to a Slingbox M1 using a HDMI to component adapter?

Has anyone been able to connect their Tivo box to a Slingbox M1 using a HDMI to component adapter?

If so, what adapter did you use? Sling box say that this can be done but only recommend an adapter on a US site.

I bought one by Esynic but whilst the Tivo channel information and programme info were shown - there was no video.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone been able to connect their Tivo box to a Slingbox M1 using a HDMI to component adapter?

it won't work as the sling box does not send back the correct "TV" handshake that the Tivo requires

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has anyone been able to connect their Tivo box to a Slingbox M1 using a HDMI to component adapter?

Does not help you directly but my Tivo is connected to a Slingbox Solo via the scart socket on the back of the Tivo.

0 Kudos
Gadgie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All I've managed to do was hook up the "standard box" in the bedroom, to the I/Pad, via a cable and watch what was in the I/Pad on the TV.

0 Kudos