Menu
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had to completely reboot V6 box tonight

So I'm playing back a recording and, out of the blue, the TIVO V6 starts shutting down and restarting over and over and over again until I turn it off at the back and then on again. Seems all right now fingers crossed.

Anyone else experienced this with the V6?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Had to completely reboot V6 box tonight

Was it yesterday's episode of Elementary which you were watching?

If so, it's a known issue, reported a few times in here and known about by Virgin Media.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Was it yesterday's episode of Elementary which you were watching?

If so, it's a known issue, reported a few times in here and known about by Virgin Media.

brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes - it was. Can't seem to follow your link at the moment - will try on another computer!

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The link just seems to take me back here all the time!

0 Kudos
Ray_D
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happened to us a while ago, with a normal slow tivo pox, and when I next called up to complain

about the continuing slowness of this network, I was told that the continuing rebooting stuff was a down load, this was about 2 am,

totally f"%&!* up the film we were watching, was in fact, an, update....(could be your problem also)

SERIOUSLY, COULD THIS NOT BE DONE WHEN POX IS IDLE ????

It will soon be VERY IDLE IF I GET MY WAY.....down the shed, with the rubbish sky box!

0 Kudos
MJkpio
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same problems over the last few months (only had the box since October 2016!). Last night (watching the Brits) it started power cycling for about 10 mins, but did it about 3 times during the evening. Has done it once this evening so far as well. 

I have an VM engineer coming out on Monday to see what the problem is. There are no reported fault in my area about it though. 

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And it happened again with this weeks episode of Elementary again! What can possibly be transmitted within a programme to cause this? Sounds like something the intelligence services have cooked up. It certainly shouldn't be possible to transmit a programme with a bug that can do this not just once but twice embedded in the transmission.

brightonjohn wrote:

Yes - it was. Can't seem to follow your link at the moment - will try on another computer!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi brightonjohn,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry that you've had problems with your V6 spontaneously rebooting when watching Elementary. This has also been reported to happen with Modern Family. 

Our engineers are currently aware of the issue and are investigating the issue. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos