Menu
mar45
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HELPPPP !! tivo box swap do I really need to swap ?

I'm confused. My TiVo has been delivered I'm dreading having to set it up & now I read on here that I may not need to change my from my old box if I don't have sports or movies & HD which I don't. Is it really necessary for me to go through all the palaver of swapping. I also notice in my box it says to do it within 7 days of receipt of the new box. Do I really have to do it that quickly ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELPPPP !! tivo box swap do I really need to swap ?

Hi mar45,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I can see you have been in touch with us since you last posted which is great to see.  I hope all is working ok for you.  I just wanted to pop by and share this link with you in case it may be useful for you: Discover TiVo®.

We're here to help so please pop by anytime if you have any further queries.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mar45
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi collette

All done Can't believe how easy it was. I was so worried I'd end up with no tv for days. All I can say is if I can do it anybody can.

Thanks for the link
mar45
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi collette

All done Can't believe how easy it was. I was so worried I'd end up with no tv for days. All I can say is if I can do it anybody can.

Thanks for the link
0 Kudos
mad4amanda
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I`ve had this offer and not done it yet, basically I have a couple of concerns:

Will I lose all my recordings from my HD+ box?

we have a smaller TiVo box in our lounge could I pay and get a large box for there and use the smaller box in the other location?

If so what would the charge be and can I transfer recordings over?

What functionality will I lose if I don't get the Tivo box?

I'm sure it will be easy to set up but is it worth it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mar45,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased all is ok now for you.  We're here anytime you need us so don't be a stranger, give us a shout anytime you need us.

All the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mad4amanda,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

Will I lose all my recordings from my HD+ box?

Yes, the recordings will be lost, this is because the recordings are stored on the hard drive in the box itself.  You can transfer your recordings from the V+ box to a DVD/VCR recorder before hand though.  Here's how to do this: Keeping V+ HD content when upgrading to TiVo®.

we have a smaller TiVo box in our lounge could I pay and get a large box for there and use the smaller box in the other location?

If you have a 500GB TiVo® and want to upgrade to a 1TB, this can be arranged for you no problem.  Just give our team a buzz on 150 Free from your Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line, or you can chat to our webchat team via  Contact Us.

You will still need to arrange your V+ to TiVo® Upgrade via the online form so you don't miss out on the free upgrade. 

If so what would the charge be and can I transfer recordings over?

The recordings can't be transferred from on TiVo® to another, however using Mulit-room Streaming or Introducing Virgin TV Anywhere you can still watch some of your programmes where ever you like.

What functionality will I lose if I don't get the Tivo box?

Many of the features that V+ has, will be massively improved on the TiVo®, you can see more of the TV Guide, navigate the On Demand/Catch Up content with more options available etc.

It will depend on how you use it most.  If there is a specific feature you want to know more about then let me know Smiley Happy

I hope this has helped to answer your queries, if you do have any more questions, we're here to help so fire away if you want to know anything more.

Let us know how you get on.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
mar45
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A few months have passed & I love my Tivo box.  There is only one moan which is not being able to put reminders on for programmes that I want to watch live.  It seems to only cater for a reminder & record which is useless if recording maximum programmes already. 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mar45 wrote:

It seems to only cater for a reminder & record which is useless if recording maximum programmes already. 

The remind feature would have the same problem, the TiVo has three tuners so you can record three programs or record two programs and watch one live, you can't record three programs and watch live TV (though you can watch a recording). So even with remind you'd still be limited to three programs at once. Obviously the advantage of remind and record is that if you don't happen to be in front of your TV the program still gets recorded.

TBH you will get the best and most effective use out of the TiVo if you forget about live TV, set up series links and watch everything from "My Shows".

0 Kudos