Menu
TashaJade95
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HELP

Why does my TiVo box make a thumping noise when it's turned off or on and recording?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP

Could be the hard drive, when they get fault they make various kinds of annoying repetitive sounds. If it is the hard drive, then the unit would need replaced. Any recordings you had on it wouldn't transfer over to the replacement unit. A member of the Forum Team here can do some remote diagnostics on it (up to three days to get a response from on of them), or if you prefer, call into 150 and report a TV fault, the choice is yours.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

there's also this post about the same thing, while you wait for feedback/checks you could try ozsat's advice at the bottom of the post to see if that helps you temporarily? Smiley Happy

TashaJade95
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How would I get in contact with the forum team??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TashaJade95 wrote:
How would I get in contact with the forum team??

they'll read your post and respond within a few days

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi TashaJAde95

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to learn about the thumping noise your hearing at the moment, it's certainly not something we'd expect. 

I'd like to test your TiVo box, but I've not been able to locate your account using your forum information unfortunately. So I can take a closer look at this, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos