Menu
potnoodle5b
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HDMI issues

Hi should my new Tivo box installation have included a HDMI cable? When it was set up the engineer used an existing sky cable now when I connect it up with my own HDMI cable I get a snowy picture. So I need to know if one should have been supplied by virgin and if not how do I ensure a new cable won't have the static bandwidth problem?
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI issues

He shouldn't have used the old Sky cable and a complaint is necessary. Those are not his instructions. He will have put a barrel splice into the cable and there might well be impedance mismatches which will screw up your signal strength.

As to the HDMI cable, any good quality cable would do the job.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDMI issues

Hi potnoodle5b

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service.

Do you have any other devices to test your HDMI cable on? If so, it sounds as if we need to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, and leave a HDMI cable while they're there. I've sent you information regarding that in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos