Menu
rents1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HDCP not enabled after disconnected and reconnected TiVo

We had our installation done on Saturday when we'd just moved in to property, and today I disconnected the TiVo to move it onto a unit. I have reconnected it all up and am just getting the OSD but no picture. I have tried my Xbox 360 and it is able to detect the HDCP. The TiVo box however says HDCP not enabled. I've tried the same lead the installer used, and a spare. I've powered the TV and the TiVo off in different combinations, using standby and hard power off, I've restarted the TiVo box and I've tried powering it on at the same time as the Xbox is connected and using HDCP for DVD playback. Totally stumped. I've spent 3 or 4 hrs trying to get the picture back. TV is a Samsung if that makes any difference.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HDCP not enabled after disconnected and reconnected TiVo

Hi rents1977,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to get your TiVo® working again since moving things round. 

It is my understanding that the TiVo® is connected in the following way:

Screw the end of the white co-axial cable into the ‘CABLE IN’ port at the back of your new TiVo box.
Connect the HDMI cable provided into the HDMI port on the back of your TiVo box. Connect the other end to a free HDMI port on your TV.
Grab the power pack and plug into the power port on the TiVo box.
Next, connect the power cable into the power pack, then plug into the wall socket and switch on.
Finally, switch the TiVo box on at the back.
Turn your TV on and using your TV remote (not TiVo remote) select the “Input”, “AV” or “Source” button.
Select the input that relates to the port used.
Once you have selected the correct input, this message will appear on screen.

Give this a go and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rents1977
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I ended up contacting live support and a technician came out.

The TiVo box HDMI port was found to be faulty and the box was replaced, which solved the issue.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rents1977

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that this has been sorted Man Happy

If you need any assistance moving forward, you know where to find us!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Armadillo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ladies & Gents,

Was trying to find some info on HDCP & came across this thread.

Both of our Tivo box's blew the HDMi ports 10 days ago - there was no surge or outage as none of the other electronics in the house has rebooted or reset.

An engineer came out, checked both box's & replaced both of them with the same issue. The 1 in the living room now works (HDMI to HDMI via AV receiver) but even though the 1 in the bedroom is outputting signal from it's hdmi port now, we get no moving pictures - guide & channel menu only. SO in the interim, we are running via scart - even though the picture quality is not great & can't get proper HD.

Up until that point, all had been fine - even though I am running HDMI to DVI in the bedroom to an older HDCP compliant DVI input LG TV, with digital toslink for audio. This was after upgrading from the HD box as I was told by a Virgin technical person that the Tivo box would work with this setup.

Does anybody know of anything that would cause this (I have checked the lead & the TV with other equipment & all is working well)?

Has there been any update to Virgin's HDCP protocol or a firmware upgrade on the Tivo's (I found quite a lot of info from around 20 - 26th January on the non-Virgin Tivo community with people having same issues)?

Hope all is well & to hear from you soon.

Russ

Tags (2)
0 Kudos