Menu
Johnebass
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD channels sound out of sync

Having problems with HD channels audio and video are out of sync. SD seems to be ok but HD is unwatchable. 

I'm going through a Sony surround sound system as I have been for the past three years and this problem has only recently started. 

Any ideas please.

0 Kudos
iantommo123
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channels sound out of sync

Hmm so was mine tonight on BBC 1 HD ,made strictly unwatchable. I had to switch over to BBC1 SD too

0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It`s been like this for months,  children in need in HD was dreadful for the sound sync and the same for strictly HD last night. It always seems to be for every live broadcast on Tivo, we popped next door to our neighbours who have sky and they`re HD had no sync issues.We rarely use the tivo box nowadays as it`such a pain in the backside, it just winds us up now. My doctor asked this year if i`d ever had a stress test, I said every day with Tivo !!

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bingley wrote:

It`s been like this for months,  children in need in HD was dreadful for the sound sync and the same for strictly HD last night. It always seems to be for every live broadcast on Tivo, we popped next door to our neighbours who have sky and they`re HD had no sync issues.We rarely use the tivo box nowadays as it`such a pain in the backside, it just winds us up now. My doctor asked this year if i`d ever had a stress test, I said every day with Tivo !!

Years actually, threads go back to when VM started using Tivo. Doesn't matter if it is on tv or external sound system or if you downgrade to PCM, some recordings are just off. I don't watch myself but apparently last nights X Factor was so bad they stopped watching and have given up on this years series, until we get Sky Q and an on demand service that doesn't keep bombing out with random errors.

The moderators will problem say we all need our levels twiddling with yet again Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnebass,

Thank you for your message in the Community, welcome into the Forums. 

I'm sorry to read that the HD channels have been out of sync, I've been looking into the TiVo itself is looking quite healthy in terms of signal levels.

I would like to know a little more about the channels this is affecting, whether this is all of them and if this is still ongoing?

Keep in touch and thank you for your time.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos