Menu
gds1972
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HD Recording Issue

Hi

Can you please advise with an issue I'm having when trying to watch HD recordings?

I'm finding that when trying to watch HD recording that the recording will freeze pixelate briefly then jump back to the same point the issue occurred and repeat this this a few times until it eventually continues SD recordings also stutter but don't seem to get stuck. I'm wondering if the HDD has some bad sectors on it. Also this is probably a coincident but I think happens when the total used HDD space is around 8-18%.

Thanks in advance

gds1972

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Recording Issue

They all use mechanical hard drives, so it's definitely possible that the hard drive is corrupted/damaged..

Saying that, it would be a wild guess for me to try and diagnose, so I'll just leave it to people with experience in this field Smiley Wink

If you're wanting a quick answer, phone call may be the best bet as the forum team can take a few days to respond, and it's not guaranteed that other peers on here will have an answer! Smiley Happy

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there gds1972, 

Thank you so much for you post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're having a problem watching shows that you've recorded, I can really appreciate how frustrating this must be for you, as I had a similar issue myself a few months ago. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see that you are right in saying that there are some bad sectors, it also has a few errors that will mean that a technician will need to call out . 

I'll send you a private message in order to get this arranged, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

gds1972
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just to update the box has been replaced by the engineer I have tried to copy the series links to the new box however the old box in no longer listed against my account to allow this to happen.

Can you please let me know if this information is now lost?

Thanks

gds1972

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there gds1972, 

Thanks for coming back and letting me know, I hope all seems a lot better there for you now, should you need any further help, please do not hesitate to ask. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos