Menu
happyrobot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HD Quality is poor compared to Freeview

Signed up to V Media a few weeks ago. Like the internet service, but the TiVO box is really slow. 

Anyway, the HD quality on all channels is poor and does not look HD. We had Freeview for a while and the HD channels on there look so much better. 

I have run a test using your settings menu and 1080i is checked etc but still the channels on HD look poor. Is there anything wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD Quality is poor compared to Freeview

Hi happyrobot,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your HD channels.

Can you describe the picture you're getting? Does it break up/ pixelate or is the image just not as sharp and clear as it should be?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
happyrobot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. The picture doesn't have distortion or anything like that. It's just a very sub par picture and am really surprised. Also the TiVo box is so fiddly and finicky. It's really poor compared to the competition Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Nialli
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You're not alone - I've noticed that the HD channels often appear to have a superior picture on Freeview over that on Virgin. Occasionally this is because the Freeview channels are broadcasting in 1080p rather than VM's 1080i - Channel 4 and ITV seems to use the superior resolution regularly whereas the BBC is normally 1080i (720p fiddled with!). It varies though, and I think Channel 4 and Film4 in HD on VM are extremely good.

0 Kudos